Hello, nice to meet you.
Would you be interested to spend your time nestled in nature, on 220 acres? With great food, a place to rest your mind and the opportunity to be a part of a fun journey of learning. We are looking for a couple people to help us with projects and everyday life at Kayanara for the 2023 season.
We will be starting the season ......
- Designing and getting a 33 foot geodesic dome ready to plant
- Planting the garden and green houses
- Building a root cellar
- Getting chickens on to pasture
- Bedroom with shared bathroom and kitchen
- Tent space
- Rv hook up
Day to day
- Property upkeep and maintenance
- Cooking meals/clean up
- Fermenting vegetables and sourdough bread
- Collecting medicinal herbs
- Cleaning cabins for vacation accommodation
- Animal husbandry
- Pastured poultry
- Something new always pops up
Animals you are going to meet on property
- Nayra a bernese mountain dog, the protector of Kayanara
- Bonnie & Clyde the cats, their names say it all.
- 9 Horses
- Laying hens
There is the opportunity to partake in
- Breathing excerises
- Arts and crafts
- 7kms trails to walk, bike, hike
- Lounging by, kayaking and swimming in Eagle Creek and Canim Lake area.
Our passion is sustainability for ourselves and our community. To give back to the land that provides for us, as we are all connected to the earth and if we don't take care of it, it can't take care of us. Regenerative and restorative agriculture is our direction, with the planting of perennial crops, land management and building soil. Food has always been very important to us; where it comes from, how it is grown and how it affects the land it is grown on.
We are excited to be on this new journey and have you be a part of it. We look forward to the challenges and rewards it will bring, and the lessons we will be learning on this path. We know we are heading in the right direction and there is no place we would rather be. Come join us.
If you are interested in this work exchange opportunity please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We looking forward to hearing from you.